Friday, March 5, 2010

Things to be thankful for

Driving to work and finally seeing the sun rise again. (Which is ironic, because before this trip, I never got up before the sunrise.)

Having a 3 minute conversation with a manager who cares after being driven crazy for four days by a manager who doesn't.

Waking up to a really nice voicemail from a really fine lady.

Getting hand me downs from the people who get to go home.

Wearing a pink shirt and getting compliments on it (amongst other comments).

Turning around a customer who had been upset, skeptical, and frustrated for weeks.

Feeling the sun on my face and getting to wear a new pair of sunglasses.

Seeing and hearing motorcycles on the road.

Feeling the love from several customers after having been made an emotional punching bag for days.

Having a character flaw gently pointed out to me, and realizing what I need to work on to become a better person.

Starting to wean people off of me and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Sweatpants.

Getting a phone call from my small group at the end of small group, and getting a chance to pray together.

Crying with my small group during said prayer.

Watching the end of Monster's Inc. and remembering how much children love to share what they love with the people they love.

Falling asleep at the end of a long day.

Remembering that I'm not alone, that I don't have to do it all, and that there are people who love me, care for me, and want the best for me.

A God who gifts me with all these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment