Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Before you cross the street, take my hand

I received an unusual complaint tonight. I was told that I was working too hard and that I needed to take it down a notch. It's not that other people are necessarily slacking off and I was making them look bad. Rather, it's because they somehow feel that I am learning too much about their area of expertise and I have become the customer's go-to-person for problems related to their field. I have been asked to stick to my own area of work and to stop solving their problems, regardless of how much help I am providing.

I'm not quite sure what to do with this information.

Watched half of Mr. Holland's Opus last night, and the second half tonight. The conflicting emotions of joy, sadness, inspiration and loss are confusing. I guess all of that comes with the territory when reminiscing and wondering.


No comments:

Post a Comment