Thursday, May 27, 2010

The end of plan B

Me: I'm going to give you a choice. You can either go on vacation this weekend or you can follow through with plan B. I want you to give this some thought. Let me know your answer because I'll have to get plane tickets tonight if you're flying out tomorrow.
Coworker: Ok. I'll think about it.

15 minutes later, I get this in my email:


A-----,

As you can imagine, it is extremely difficult for me to make a choice between Plan B and [Vacation Plans]. You are well aware that Plan B is 'so very close to my heart' but then when I think about it further, I realize that you ought to lose a lot to gain some. Therefore, after a lot of brain racking, with extreme sadness, I opt for [Vacation Plans]. I choose the difficult option of 'living my remaining days' rather than the far easier and convenient option of 'dying a most satisying death.'

Regards,
Coworker


Well done, Coworker. Well done. Go and live out your remaining days as you so choose. I applaud your well thought response.

No comments:

Post a Comment