Saturday, February 20, 2010

Half full

I don't typically think of myself as an optimist. I would prefer to think of myself as a realist. It feels more respectable.

Today I am filled with a yearning. On a day where I have been given freedom, I am in search of beauty and things to enjoy and appreciate. With only a few hours available to me, it doesn't matter that the weather is terrible outside or that I have no idea where I am going. There is so much beauty in the world and I am going to avail myself to it.





...there is so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst... And then i remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain ...and i can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life...